Tsawwassen Golf Course Apartments, Delta, BC
Some of the numerous sustainable features that will be incorporated into this development include:
- Obtaining a minimum of LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Silver Certification for the golf course clubhouse and apartment buildings;
- Using geothermal energy to heat and cool the buildings in the development, as well as to provide domestic hot water;
- Reducing the amount of storm water leaving the site through the extensive use of retention ponds and bioswales;
- Using recycled storm water to irrigate the grounds of the entire development; and
- Designing the golf course in accordance with the principles of sustainable resource management as set out by the Audubon International Cooperative Sanctuary Program, which would include the placement of native vegetation throughout the golf course to provide a natural habitat for birds and wildlife.
Station Street Social Housing Project, Vancouver, BC
One of the first of 14 housing projects to be constructed on city-owned land. 80 studio apartments with private bathrooms and kitchenettes will provide shelter with a nurse on staff and at least one hot meal per day. This BC Housing project will be built to a LEED Gold standard. All new subsidized housing in British Columbia is being built to be carbon neutral, to reduce energy consumption and green house gas emissions, and to reduce resource consumption and waste.
Lumen at Granville Island, Vancouver, BC
The Lumen at Granville Island is a Built Green residential project featuring geothermal heating and cooling plus many other earth friendly features such as intelligent metering, water efficient landscaping and a rooftop garden. The 62 unit, 5 storey building was designed by Hywel Jones Architects and built by Bucci Developments. It is estimated that these geothermal homes will reduce the equivalent in green house bass emissions of taking 28.5 cars off of the road.
West Pender Place, Vancouver, BC
West Pender Place located in the scenic Coal Harbour district of Vancouver is a luxury high rise residential development consisting of 144 residential suites in three towers (36, 10 and 5 storeys). The project developer is Reliance Properties with architectural design by IBI/HB Architects and construction management by the ITC Construction Group. Besides the adoption of geothermal technology the construction and design teams have followed LEED guidelines to maximize efficiency.